Thursday, February 3, 2011

Robbed...

My storage unit was robbed on 2-1-11. I went in yesterday to see if there was anything missing and file a report and all that jazz. I was ROBBED. They took my bass, my guitar, my entire DVD collection, all my performance DVD's, DVD player, my entire CD collection, my desk accessories, etc, etc...Let's just say that they got A LOT of my stuff. And that is just the noticeable stuff, not to mention all the stuff that could be missing from all the boxes that were opened and lying around. The bass, guitars and dvd player type things, those can be replaced. I would prefer to not HAVE to replace them, but it is what must be done now.
But they took my DVDs and CDs. I had easily over 300 titles. All gone. I had a lot of boxed sets: Indiana Jones, Rocky, Back to the Future, Jurrasic Park, etc. I also had an EXTENSIVE collection of Kirsten Dunst, Jim Carrey and Tom Hanks films.
I also had 300+ albums in there too. All gone. All my musicals, New Found Glory albums, My un-opened Black Market Hearts and Piehead CDs.
Worst of all, they took my home videos and performance DVDs. The stuff that isn't worth a damn to anyone but me. No more high school plays. No more college shows. No more short student films. No more musical theatre performances. All. Gone. These were things I was supposed to be able to show my kids and grand kids. "Look at Daddy when he was in college...etc." But the bastards robbed me of that.
I had so much stuff. Granted, I am glad that they just got my stuff and no one was hurt, but it took me my life to collect all that stuff and I really am not looking forward to starting over.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I have some pictures of you on my computer. I can send them along if you'd like. I also have a couple videos of you from when we were in Musical theatre performance together. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    I'm so sorry Jarrod. It will be ok though. You will make many more wonderful memories and they will replace all of the old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KB. I appreciate it. Things will show up from people that have them, but stuff like my family home videos and old high school vhs tapes...those are most likely gone forever. But if you have anything, that would be cool to get from ya. Hope all is well.
    :^]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say, that sucks so bad... But at least it's true that no one got hurt (physically). It'll take time, but things can be replaced, maybe even the performance videos. I've been thinking good thoughts for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete